Periodontal disease

Hi everybody, does anybody knows about or has documentation on the use of a part of the Moringa Oleifera tree against Periodontal disease (retreating gum from the teeth). Any sincere input is welcomed.

Replies to this Topic

Morning,

I don't know and have any documentation on the use of moringa against periodontal desease, but I would like to be informed too.

ONG EVEIL AFRIK!

(ABIDJAN - Côte d'Ivoire)

Mme DAN

Dear Judith and Max Boekholt,

You must first know that Periondotal deasease is  one of the symptoms of vitamin D insufficiency in human body.

Vitamin D insufficiency are so subtle, you don't know unless you get blood test. Symptoms of vitamin D insufficiency could be:

1. Flu and cold
2. High blood pressure
3. Asthma
4. Changing in gait
5. Extended fatigue
6. Usual hurting on muscles, joints and bones
7. Lower levels of calcium, hypertension
8. Periodontal disease

If you are not sure if you are suffering Vitamin D deficiency of insufficiency, please consult a doctor to do blood test. Treatment with vitamin D should reverse symptoms within a few months if they were (at least in part) attributable to the deficiency.

When you compare a 100 grams of milk (known for it's vitamin D content) to 100 grams of Moringa, fresh Moringa leaves have 4 times the the vitamin D and dried Moringa leaf powder has 17 times the vitamin D of milk.

Read more:
http://www.articlesbase.com/alternative-medicine-articles/learn-symptoms-of-vitamin-d-deficiency-moringa-can-help-3463305.html#ixzz17o735ciB

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_miligrams_of_Vitamin_D_is_in_Moringa#ixzz17oA4fQyF

Theo

Thanks Theo, this is very good information. I think we can make use og this. I will relay it through to right person. Many many thanks Max/Judith

Besides, exposing to the sunlight before 10 AM and after 15 PM also helps the methabolism of Vit D.

Aurea de Andrade

Brazil

Good dear Aurea Andrade.

Thanks

Hi Theo,

I am very impressed with the explanation you gave to Max and Judith concerning the Periodontal disease.

It helped not only him but most of us in the group.

Have a nice day.

The Trees for Life Journal has published Moringa oleifera: A Review of the Medical Evidence for Its Nutritional, Therapeutic, and Prophylactic Properties. Part 1. by Jed W. Fahey, Sc.D.
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Lewis B. and Dorothy Cullman Cancer Chemoprotection Center
mentioning also Moringa usage against periodontal diseases.

I will also try soon to translate the conclusions of a Brazilian research on periondontal diseases with many plants. Among all plants tested, three of them, including Moringa oleifera, has shown good results against S. mutans.

Aurea de Andrade

in Brazil

Hi Aurea,

That is right. Folks can go to http://www.themoringa.com/moringa-oleifera-tree/moringa-roots

That will help them for additional readings.

Have a nice day.

Hi dear Moses,thanks for your contribution too.

Have a nice week end

Theo

Dear Moses,

I went to the file you´ve suggested: it´s good information organized in a way which helps reading, re-searching detais etc. Tks.

Aurea

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s)